Amazing Austin Architecture!
The architecture of Austin’s skyline is always captivating (and changing). While our view at Austin Paddle Shack is one of the best views in town, I’ve compiled a list of more unique spots where you can capture the picturesque view of concrete and steel that makes up downtown Austin.
- Zilker Park: Day or night, bring your dog and sit atop the rock cliff face in the middle of this grassy oasis for a view that can’t be beaten.
- UT Tower: Make reservations ahead of time as the tour schedule varies per season. Fall tours run Sat. & Sun beginning Sept. 1st. $6 per person.
- Hope Outdoor Gallery: Watch your step as you climb to the top of this concrete jungle turned graffiti park. Visit soon, as this landmark won’t be here for much longer.
- Mount Bonnell Covert Park: The perfect spot for a sunset picnic. Park at the bottom and be ready to climb a few stairs. At the top, you’ll find a view of the city, Lake Austin, and the 360 Bridge.
- El Alma Restaurant and Bar: Ask the restaurant host to seat you on their hillside rooftop deck. While taking in the view, you can indulge in Mexican cuisine and sip on creative cocktails.